Monday, March 25, 2013

Playful Parenting


I borrowed this book from the library after reading wonderful reviews about it on Amazon. It has helped us to laugh more, wrestle, problem solve, and discipline in a lighthearted matter. When I ask the boys what they did at school, they will often say, "Nothing." But when I use a favorite toy to ask them, they gladly open up. When we play with them, they are happy to play by themselves soon after.

We sing, dance, talk in funny voices, make nonsense rules and reverse roles.  I am enjoying our time together so much more now instead of feeling exhausted, repeating things over and over, and resenting myself for groaning at Candyland for the 50th time. I highly recommend this book. It tells you things you probably already know but it's good to be reminded of how much children get out of playing with their favorite playmate... you.

No comments:

Post a Comment