Sunday, October 4, 2015

French- Duolingo


We are currently learning basic French at home. The boys were introduced to the language while attending Montessori preschool. Although I am not fluent in French, I did take three years of it in high school and was also in the French club. I've been using the Duolingo program for about a year and have finished all the curriculum though I redo parts that I need more practice on daily. We have been watching youtube French instructional videos, songs, and the occasional Minecraft video as well as borrowing books and videos from the library.

The boys finish three Duolingo lessons per week. I've also started printing out flashcards to play games and using basic phrases at home. I hope that this will give them an introductory exposure to another language and when they get older, they will be able to choose which language they would like to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment