Friday, May 17, 2013

Pastels and Toned Paper







The boys say they want to be artists and teach art to kids. They love to draw daily. They love to paint and although it is messy, I have to bite my tongue and let them paint. We are a family of artists after all and the reason we are is because our parents fostered in us a love of art and supplied us with many opportunities to explore our artistic side messy or not.

I decided it's time to start taking out the real art supplies. They are old enough now that they can a variety of materials. I pulled out my art bin from the closet. Today we took out pastels and toned paper. It's a step up from sidewalk chalk and construction paper. They had so much fun and took great pride in their drawings. We talked about toned paper and the texture it has. We blended colors together with our fingers. I made a Tangled picture and had fun right along with them.

I can't wait for us all to paint with oils on canvas, sculpt with clay, print with linoleum blocks, experiment with mixed media and go to the Vancouver Art Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment