Friday, May 17, 2013

Piano Lessons at Home


While we were in the park the other day, a piano teacher handed me her card. I can read and play big note music at home but I've only had a year of formal lessons and wasn't sure how to go about teaching the boys to play. We found some free lessons on youtube and checked them out. Here is the link to the first one. Though the boys weren't interested at first, I decided to move my laptop over to the keyboard and follow along with the instructor. The boys soon started watching and playing Hot Cross Buns. We will do a few lessons a week as part of our homeschooling.

The song Hot Cross Buns made the boys question, "What are hot cross buns? Why are they called cross?"  They learned that they are usually made for Good Friday around Easter time and that chocolate ones are made in Australia and New Zealand. The boys wanted to make the chocolate ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment